Targeting a resume to particular job position is the most important step in a job hunting process. This strategy easily helps you link a candidate (yourself) and the company.
Take a look at the job ad bellow, and the two following examples of bad and good resumes.
Location: New York, NY
Experience Level: 3-5 years
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Estimate: $75,000+
Born from performance, XYZ creates dreams and opportunities for people. We're visionaries and innovators empowered for success.
XYZ has an exciting opportunity for a Business Analyst for our Manhattan Division. This position requires strong business judgment, problem-solving and excellent communication skills. A track record of delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment is a must.
- Take business intelligence to the next level to support business decisions and suggest best practices in business intelligence implementation and maintenance;
- Analyze the performance of all XYZ business departments, working with separate teams and Department Directors to drive action on those insights;
- Coordinate workflows and deliverables between separate departments and project teams to leverage data for XYZ business needs;
- Independently aggregate data from multiple sources in preparing reports;
- Demonstrate an ability to solve business challenges, produce ideas with depth and good reasoning, and be able to clearly articulate the journey from concept to solution;
- Maintain weekly and monthly status reports.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Strong analytical, data manipulation and problem-solving skills;
- Proven experience as a business analyst with a complete end-to-end understanding of business development methodologies;
- Strong organizational, multitasking and prioritizing skills, excessive attention to detail and ability to work independently;
- Be able to make effective presentations and communicate complex information;
- Professionally communicate verbally and in writing with a broad spectrum of audiences, ranging from labourers to senior level executives;
This position requires a minimum of 3 - 5 years Business Analytical experience, preferably in digital media, technology-driven or eCommerce environment.
Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Finance, Business. Otherwise, a candidate should demonstrate a significant relevant experience.
XYZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please read job ad again and apply for the position only if you meet the criteria.
We welcome you to join us,
HR director John Walters
Never forget to pick up important keywords from the job ad. Words such as Business, Team, Work Flow are stressed by the company so they should be on your resume as well. As well as other important business words.
Once you start talking the same language as the company, you become more relevant candidate than others.
Check out additional experience statement examples.
Business Analyst requires skills such as: Analytical skills, Data Architecture, Marketing logic, Organization skills, Communication, Time Management, Perseverance, Initiative, Computer/Digital Proficiency and Flexibility.